Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The tree is still naked.

Well, the Christmas tree still isn't decorated. It's naked. Well, except for lights because that is John's job and he is always the go-getter. Me? Not so much.

Today would be the perfect day to get the decorating done since it's nice and cold and windy out...very wintery. A great time to make some hot cocoa and go through all the holiday decorations and ornaments.

My procrastination is getting the better of me, though. We don't really have anyone coming over to our house until this weekend, so that gives me several more days to do the decorating. I'll probably end up watching Glee and Rick Steves' European Christmas (or some other Christmas movie...why limit myself?) while folding laundry and possibly baking some more ginger snaps because I may or may not have eaten every last one of them in the past three days.

(I didn't actually eat the entire batch since I gave away about half of them. Yeah, eating half a batch is soooooo much better.)

I hear it may freeze again tonight so I'll have to go out and cover up the garden at some point. Yes, I am covering my entire garden. I am still waiting for about four or five butternut squash to fully ripen and I would hate for the patience I have had the last three or four months to be for naught if all the vegetables shrivel up and die because of a two-day cold snap.

And by "all" the vegetables, I really just mean the four or five butternut squash and some beets. That reminds me that I should probably figure out when beets are ready to harvest. I guess I could pull one up, take a look, and then poke it back down if it's not ready. I'm sure that's the agriculturally-certified way to go about things.

Just let me know if you'd like to come over and help decorate our tree and house and whatnot. It could be arranged.

No comments: