Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm still full.

Happy Monday after Thanksgiving!

I know, it's not that exciting for me either. I had a great extra-long weekend...although, where did the time go? I seriously don't think I've ever had four days go by so quickly. Perhaps all the eating ran together and made the days seem shorter.

There was Thanksgiving lunch, Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner, more Thanksgiving leftovers the next day, gumbo made with, you guessed it!, leftover Thanksgiving turkey, and then for some unknown reason our church decided to have an after-Thanksgiving potluck lunch after our service yesterday. Because no one had enough to eat in the prior three days.

I'm full.

In the midst of all the eating we managed to get some Christmas card envelopes addressed, clean up the house, go hunt down a Christmas tree and put lights on it, and take plenty of naps.

Oh, and get some cracks in our walls repaired which then required my husband to do paint touch-ups in four different rooms with four different paint colors. What would vacation days at home be for John without some home renovation to keep him busy?

Our house now has the distinctly unique smell of fresh paint and Christmas tree. If only I could bottle that scent: get the homey, festive pine smell and a high from paint fumes all at the same time.

Oh, I kid. Kind of. The paint fumes are really only prominent in our hallway where there is apparently no ventilation.

No comments: