Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Belated Celebration

I forgot to make an announcement on Sunday: LET'S CELEBRATE! DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME HAS ENDED! HOORAY FOR SUNLIGHT IN THE MORNING!

Another happy result of the time change is that we are back to eating dinner at the more appropriate time of between 6:30 and 7 rather than closer to 7:30 or 8.

Yes, I know I had about six months to get used to Daylight Saving Time and move dinner back an hour once the time sprang forward, but it never happened. I'm hoping I can keep up with the earlier dinner hour, mostly because I know it's really healthier to finish eating a few hours before going to bed.

Something needs to be healthy about our eating during this season of sugar, butter, and way more meat than we usually eat.

I've noticed a strange phenomenon this week, though. Despite the fact that starting on Sunday my body should have really thought it was an hour earlier at night than it actually was, I have been going to bed later than normal. Why is that? Is anyone else having this problem?

So, although 11 p.m. wouldn't really be too late normally, with the time change it's like midnight. I usually can't stay up that late. What is going on? This is not a good habit to start, so I will now force myself to finish this post and get ready for bed...tired or not...here I go.

No comments: