Friday, December 03, 2010

Perfect Timing

I have not felt like writing, or doing much of anything the last couple days.

Our first child's due date would have been December 1, and it is amazing to me that Jon Acuff wrote a blog post on Stuff Christians Like on that very day, called "The Soft X", that made me cry...and remember...and feel that God is tender and cares.

About the only thing I have been doing with gusto lately is eating sugar and carbohydrates. It's Cookie Week over at "The Pioneer Woman Cooks", and the "Framed Cooks" blog is all about the holiday goodies this week as well. It's not helping my desire to bake and eat. I am using as much discipline as possible (since yesterday) to wean myself off the sugar and carbs. I know for sure it can't be helping my emotional state right now.

I'm determined to give away most of what I bake this month. So, if you live nearby or see me on a regular basis, you might be in for some gifted baked goods. The alternative is I stay busy with other things, don't have the time to bake, and thus do not have the problem of sweets lying about the kitchen.

That staying busy thing just might work this month!

No comments: