Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The Excitement for Today

Somehow I locked myself out of the house while taking out the trash tonight. I don't understand it, but it was cold outside and I had nothing with me...no wallet, no cell phone. Fortunately I did have shoes on. (As opposed to my husband who once locked himself out of our apartment in Amsterdam while barefoot and documented it in a blog post.)

Fortunately, we gave one of our neighbors a key to our house.

Unfortunately, they couldn't really find it tonight in my time of need.

But then, our neighbor and his son decided to give breaking in a try. Using a sturdy piece of paper didn't work, but his son had a credit card on him and that did the trick! Yeah! I am so grateful for good neighbors! I've never been happier to have someone be able to break into our house.

Although, I'm now quite certain that a doorknob lock is pretty pointless. With a credit card, it took all of two seconds to get the door open.

What with all the being locked out of the house, I've decided that sweeping and mopping the floor is out of the question for tonight. Plus, I was all set to watch Modern Family while cleaning and now I've missed it. Clearly no cleaning can possibly get done now.

I guess now I'll just have to find something else to watch while folding the mountain of laundry on our sofa; a Christmas movie perhaps.

No comments: