Friday, October 29, 2010

Yes, that is a beach scene up there.

Every time I look at my blog I think, "Wow. It's almost November. I should really put up a more seasonally appropriate photo."

The trouble is, I don't really have any photos that depict autumn because, well, we don't usually have that season around here.

So, up until yesterday it was still 90 degrees outside, which makes a beach scene look appropriate. However, the temperatures have now cooled down (even if just temporarily) and Thanksgiving will be here before I know it. I may need to make an effort to find a different photo for the blog.

I sincerely hope it's consistently cold by the end of next month. I can't keep track of all the La Niña, El Niño weather patterns. Is it possible that all the snow we got last winter means more mild temperatures this year? I could be totally making that up.

If none of this is making sense, it might be because I've been sneezing like crazy and had a sinus headache for the past five days. Unfortunately, in an effort to ward off an infection of any kind, I've been taking decongestant at night (actually, at all hours) that kind of makes me unable to sleep. The good news is it also keeps me pretty wired during the day. So, I don't notice the lack of sleep so much...except that it may be affecting my brain function just a little bit.

I'll quit this post while I'm ahead. I found some nighttime medication in a drawer that might or might not actually work, but I think it will at least let me sleep, and my goal this weekend is to find a suitable fall picture to replace the beach scene.

Oh, what an over-achiever I am!

No comments: