Friday, October 22, 2010

A Few Links to Check Out

Check out everything you never knew you never knew about Daylight Saving Time. Thankfully this website has a "page" view as well as the "nodes" view that they say they're "trying out", because the "nodes" view about drove me bananas.

Jon Acuff's blog post about Packing made me think. It's a great analogy.

I made these cinnamon rolls a couple weeks ago. Mmmmm!!! I only made half the recipe because I did not really want 7 dozen cinnamon rolls, and I think I added a little too much frosting for my taste. Also, next time I'd cut back on the white sugar and increase the cinnamon...I like my cinnamon rolls heavy on the cinnamon.

Compassion International has been ministering to children in need for nearly 60 years. I was so encouraged to read in Compassion's most recent magazine that groups of Compassion "alumni" (kids who were in the program and are now adults) are springing up all over the world. Those who were helped by Compassion are now meeting to mobilize in service to God and their countries, and are even now themselves sponsoring children through Compassion! Take a look at their website to find out how you can help this ministry continue in its success.

Only 63 days until Christmas. (Just thought I'd throw that out there. 63 days sounds a lot longer than just over two months.) Do you wait until the last minute for shopping, or are you one of those people who buy gifts throughout the year? I feel like I'm somewhere in between, but leaning more toward last-minute.

And, finally: Thank you, Pioneer Woman. Irregardless is not a word!

No comments: