Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October

No more promises about writing more regularly or finishing up the recap of our Hawai'i trip tomorrow. Because obviously my promises mean nothing.

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with the month of October. For instance, I absolutely love the cooler, drier weather this month (usually) brings. However, I hate the ragweed that escalates to such heights it puts me in a state of claritin dependency and causes my throat to be itchy.

I love the way the light looks in October. With the sun lower in the sky, everything has a golden hue. The mostly clear, blue skies have also been a treat this month. I'll tell you what is not a treat: the sun not appearing until almost 7:30 in the morning. The sun might get to sleep late, but I don't, and it is really hard for me to get myself out of bed in the dark.

This October I love that the Texas Rangers have made it to the play-offs. Tonight is game 5, so I'm not sure yet whether we're going on or not, but there is the hope. Speaking of televised viewing events, I also enjoy watching movies that remind me of the fall (When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail, and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown among them).

Here's where I have to admit that I kind of hate football season. Thankfully, my husband's not really into football either, but I hate the major topic of conversation around here during the fall being all about the Cowboys. I'm pretty sure even if I watched football, the Cowboys would not be my favorite team.

I love anticipating the upcoming holidays, but I hate that gift-buying is hanging over my head. I love spending time with family and eating good food and getting vacation days. I hate this feeling that I should already be purchasing presents, or at least doing a little decorating around our house...but I'm not. In fact, I'm pretty sure the procrastination will continue well into November.

So, what about you? Am I the only one with this love/hate relationship? Anybody have good fall movies they love to watch?

Happy October! (Or, what's left of it!)

No comments: