Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Secretary of the Department of Energy,

I hear you're the one who's supposed to be reporting the impact of the 2005 Energy Policy Act that made Daylight Saving Time longer. So, here's the impact on me: I kind of hate it. Go back to the days when Daylight Saving Time ended in October.

I just don't know how I'm going to survive (i.e. get to work or anywhere on time in the morning, or be remotely awake in the a.m.) with two and half more weeks of Daylight Saving Time. 7:30 or 7:40 a.m. is entirely too late for the sun to be coming up...and it only gets worse with every passing day. Yeah, it takes a while to get used to the darkness at 6 p.m. that the end of Daylight Saving Time brings, but it's easier to turn on some lamps and drive home with the headlights on than it is to get out of bed in the pitch dark.

I can't remember what the effect is of starting Daylight Saving Time earlier in March, but maybe if you could just make it so the sun is rising around 6:30 a.m. year-round all my problems would be solved. Maybe sunshine as we awake in the morning would make us all happier, more peaceful people - it could be monumental!

Thank you for considering my request. Or at least giving me the hope that maybe this whole extension of Daylight Saving Time could be reversed at some point...I mean, that's a provision of the Energy Act of 2005 anyway.

Tired, Dragging, and Probably late for anything that requires a morning arrival,

Waiting expectantly for November

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am with you completely on this. I hate getting up when it's pitch dark. Daylight savings time is waaay too long!