Friday, May 28, 2010

31

My husband is turning 31 today. In honor of his birthday, I present 31 reasons I love living life with him.

I love doing life with John because...

1. he takes out the trash.
2. he mows the lawn like a pro.
3. when we think about owning chickens, I immediately worry about where they will live and how to keep them in the yard; he just thinks, "cool!".
4. his eyes sparkle when he looks at me.
5. he loves children.
6. he gives generously.
7. he is humorous.
8. he almost naturally gets a lot of stuff for free.
9. he is an expert negotiator (no, not the hostage type).
10. he likes to travel as much as I do.
11. he'll give up almost anything to take care of me when I need him to.
12. he can reach the tall stuff in our house.
13. he puts his dirty laundry in the dirty clothes basket.
14. he stays calm when I freak out.
15. he forces me to be more social than I normally would.
16. he's a pretty great uncle.
17. he financially supports us so I can do ministry (aka - not get paid much).
18. he's always ready for an adventure.
19. he runs to the window when there are sirens or commotion.
20. relationships are important to him.
21. he does things spur-of-the-moment.
22. he's a fabulous piano-player (or pianist...whatever).
23. he's the expert at loading the dishwasher.
24. he is more patient than I will ever be.
25. he has more gray hairs than me (sorry, had to tell the truth!).
26. he has a facebook account and I do not, so I can keep up with all the goings-on without really expending the time and effort facebook would inevitably require of me.
27. he's a better plumber than the one we used to hire.
28. he can learn to do anything.
29. he maintains a positive attitude...at least his positive attitude lasts about 37 times longer than mine does.
30. he is a forgiving person.
31. he is appreciative.

Happy Birthday, John!!!

No comments: