Wednesday, May 05, 2010

On the Bright Side...

I do believe the snake has been found...dead.

I think when John mowed the lawn last weekend, he must have mowed over the snake because a couple days ago I spotted the tail end of a snake in the grass. Of course, I screamed for John to get a shovel or a hoe or something to kill it. (I knew from previous experience that a lack of movement does not necessarily indicate absence of life.) Turns out the thing was already dead and not quite whole.

In other news, I wound up spending my morning at Discount Tire because apparently I ran over a screw. A flat tire is one of those things that just really ruins any plans you have for the day. If you think about it, at the time you notice you have a flat tire you are on your way, or getting ready to go, somewhere. And usually it's somewhere important or an appointment you already have scheduled.

Even though my plans for the day had to get completely rearranged, I actually had two pleasant experiences.

1. The $4 per year we pay for towing/auto rescue with our car insurance sure comes in handy. Thankfully, I was just driving down our street when I noticed the thumping of a flat tire. I pulled over, aired up the tire, and drove back to our own driveway...where the tire was again almost completely flat. Seriously, within 10 minutes the auto rescue guy was at the house to put a spare tire on the car. So, for $4 it took less time and WAY less effort on my part to get my car moving again...so I could head to Discount Tire.

2. Our Discount Tire is really one of the best around. And Wednesday morning is the perfect time to take a car in...I think there was only one person waiting there when I arrived. Even though they have to order a tire for me, it'll be in tomorrow and in the mean time they found a used tire to put on my car so I don't have to drive around on a doughnut until the new tire comes in! Plus, I got to read some of the library book I've renewed about three times already because I just run out of time for reading!

OK. One more positive occurrence to share...

3. Even though I was sitting in a Discount Tire instead of getting acupuncture this morning, I was able to reschedule with my doctor to go in this afternoon. Aaaaahhhhh. I'm feeling much better.

So, now that I've taken my turn having my schedule rearranged (thankfully this happened on my day off from work!), I think it'll be John's turn when it comes time to take the car back for the new tire installation. That's fair, right?

No comments: