Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back to Reality

I have talked to so many people in the last couple weeks about what we're going through with the miscarriage and the ensuing complications. I forgot that I haven't written an update here. Oops.

I had a second D&C last Friday. All the tissue that could be removed surgically was removed. The bad news is there is still some tissue really embedded in some scar tissue or something. I seriously remember seeing my doctor for approximately five seconds after the surgery (which is five seconds more than I have ever remembered from right after previous surgeries). I remember she said, "You did great!" and something about lab work maybe. Then I must have conked out again.

All that to say, I'm getting most of my information from my husband. Who is fantastic, by the way. But sometimes can't remember all the details.

I may need to take a different kind of medication in a couple weeks to see if the remaining tissue leaves, and I go get my hormone levels checked tomorrow. I have not called my doctor yet to ask about any of this. After the last two weeks I seriously just want to not think about doctors or surgical procedures for a little while. I figure if I don't hear from her this week, I'll try to call the office.

I declare this to be the most boring post I've ever written. I do apologize.

I guess I could make it more inane by describing to you all the cold with which I am currently suffering.

Don't worry. I won't go there.

Life is slowly getting back to routine. I started back to work this week. I've been out in the garden battling cucumber beetles (which, it turns out, are pretty difficult to get rid of organically). So far, every single thing in the garden is being eaten, but I just keep fertilizing, spraying garlic juice and adding nematodes. There was actually a discussion of chickens last weekend - as in, they eat cucumber beetles - but I will need a whole separate post to adequately describe that conversation. Stay tuned!

No comments: