Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Aching Heart

Unfortunately, there have been some complications after my D&C on Friday. I will be fine; the hardest part is having things kind of drag on. Physically, I feel OK - emotionally I feel like I'm a wreck sometimes.

In light of the fact that I have to return to the doctor Tuesday, and there is a slight possibility I may need to go into surgery again later this week, John has decided to stay home with me. He has been planning to go with a group of Baylor accounting students on a mission trip to Uganda for the next two weeks. I think I'm especially emotional today because it breaks my heart that our two kids (Ronnie and Martha, the ones we sponsor with Compassion International) think John is coming to see them but he won't be able to be there.

(And yes, I know they'll understand, and they'll be happy to have some other Baylor students visit them and give them our gifts, and we can go visit them another year. It's just that a visit from a sponsor really makes their year. And I might already be a little emotional right now. Have I mentioned I'm a bit emotional?)

So, while I'm grateful to have my husband here with me while we hopefully get some closure this week, I'm sad that he can't make the trip to Uganda. He's helped plan this trip and was excited to visit Ronnie and Martha.

I'm hoping the group of students who are going will keep us updated through the BU Mission: Uganda website. Their trip promises to be busy and so rewarding. Please follow along with them on this adventure and keep them in your prayers!

No comments: