Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On the Road Again

I know you've all been so concerned about my tire issues that I thought I'd give an update.

I recently filled my gas tank up and calculated mileage; it seems all is well. I think maybe the dealership was running the car in idle A LOT whilst attempting to fix my squeaky glove box, which is still covered under warranty (just barely). I guess since I have a "just barely" warranty they decided to "just barely" fix the glove box. It still squeaks sometimes, but not enough to make the repairmen hear it during a test drive.

Anyway, all that idle running probably caused the bad gas mileage. And I believe the below-freezing temperatures of late caused some low air pressure issues.

Now that it's back in the 70s, or 22 Celsius, (what month is this?) the tires seem back to normal.

Changing lanes (I have no good segue) ----

I have rarely spoken of infertility in the last couple months. That's because we're not doing anything about it currently. I get acupuncture and take herbs, but so far that's affecting my cycles, my mood, and my blood flow NOT fertility per se. I'm just happy to feel better emotionally, have a stronger pulse, and maybe get rid of the heartburn that has been plaguing me for a year now.

Let me take this opportunity to say, for all those going through infertility treatments, that you may develop long-term heartburn from all those synthetic hormones. And even though your doctor may say it's completely unrelated and you should go see your general physician about it, I'm here to tell you it's completely related. My hypothesis has been confirmed by my acupuncturist. She's seen it quite a bit. And I'm experiencing it. Never had heartburn before - now I have it all the time. The good news is that she says it will not last forever.

I believe God can work miracles if and when He wants to. However, at the same time I am coming to terms with the fact that I cannot get pregnant. Some days I do better than others. Adoption is still in our vague future plans. Honestly, I can't deal with all the adoption decisions right now. Thinking about choosing the age, color, health, ethnicity and cost of your child makes me angry right now. I wouldn't have to make those ridiculous decisions if I just got pregnant. Is it even right that some children cost more than others? Uuughh.

When God has a child for us, He'll let us know. I have no doubt.

So, we're just trying to figure out how to live life the way it is right now. Welcome to the thoughts going on inside my head! It's not always pretty.

At least now I don't have to also worry about the tires on my car going flat or exploding!

No comments: