Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It is still winter.

I almost changed the photo at the top of the blog again because, well, the warm weather around here lately has made winter and snow seem like a distant memory.

But then I realized it is still January, and it might be OK to leave the snow picture. After all, technically it's still winter.

And then it turns out it might actually snow here in the next couple days. Or at least get icy. Yep. Welcome to Texas, where it's in the 70s today and in the 30s tomorrow.

I didn't really mean to talk about the weather so much. I actually started out wanting to express my love for acupuncture...again. I know there are lots of skeptical people out there so I just like to report actual changes that take place after acupuncture (and/or Chinese herbs, and since I'm doing both simultaneously it's hard to separate out which affects what).

So, after my acupuncturist treated me last week for the heartburn created by all the infertility treatments I have not had a single day with heartburn since. I even ate Mexican food Sunday night - no heartburn! It is amazing.

I know it seems completely opposite of what I really want to happen (that is, get pregnant and thus not start a period), but I started a real cycle on my own after a very average amount of time. As we all know, pregnancy will never happen unless I'm having fairly normal cycles. So, this all seems like a small miracle!

I will always attribute any healing that takes place to God, ultimately. I pray about all this. I spend time with Him. I trust that He can heal me because He is the Creator. When I go for acupuncture, when I'm lying there after the needles are placed, I meditate on God and try to be really aware of the Holy Spirit in me. It's one of my favorite times for just that reason.

Maybe the acupuncture can also help me avoid getting the full-blown flu that seems to be going around my office. I'm not so sure about that so I've been washing my hands and using Lysol like there's a plague. I definitely want my sore throat to just quickly go away without turning into anything else. I've also been trying to sleep as much as possible this week, which explains why I don't have anything more interesting to write about.

Oh, one more tidbit. I have refused to read The Pillars of the Earth simply because Oprah recommended it and I am generally against anything Oprah because she just annoys me. However, I've had so many people tell me it's a good book that I finally started reading it. I'm only about 1/3 way done, but it inexplicably holds my interest. Of course, I loved learning about the middle ages in school and that's the time period in which this book is set. Who would have thought a book about castles and cathedrals and poverty in the Middle Ages could be entertaining? Since I'm not even quite 1/3 way through, I can't recommend the book, just wanted to let you know what else I've been doing besides sleeping!

No comments: