Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Early Christmas

It gets cold at night in the arid West Texas desert.

And that so happens to be where my parents live.

It might also interest you (or probably not) to know I prefer to wear slippers, rather than regular shoes, around the house to keep my perpetually cold feet warm. Normal shoes are not comfortable to wear around the house when you're kicking back, and socks just don't do the trick.

Since I flew to my parent's place for Thanksgiving, space was limited. We exchanged Christmas gifts while we were all together, so much of my luggage space was taken over with DVDs, toys, kitchen utensils, obligatory dress shirts (must be the #1 gift given to male family members), and pumpkin bread. Therefore, I did not pack any slippers.

Thankfully, my mom let me borrow hers the first night we were there and the temperatures dipped into the 30s. My sister happened to see me returning the slippers right before I went off to bed and asked, "Oh! Do you want some slippers? Right now?!?"

I understood her excitement to bestow this gift on me early when I saw the slippers.



Sock Monkeys!!! They are the cutest little slippers! And appropriate...to wear sock monkeys on your feet! I just had to share.

And they do keep the feet toasty warm.

1 comment:

Katharine Gentsch said...

These are wonderful and I am sure you're loving them! I got these a couple of years ago! (They're kind of worn out now, alas.) But I loved them!