Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I do intend to wish you a merry Christmas.

We've gotten a mother lode of Christmas cards in the last two weeks. I can't help but think, as I check addresses on my Christmas card spreadsheet against envelope return addresses, "Wow. I bet all these people for whom I asked addresses a month ago are wondering where in the heck their Christmas cards are."

All I have to say is: if I asked for your address those many weeks ago, at least you know I had every intention of sending you a Christmas card.

And for those of you who have stayed put over the past year and didn't receive an address request from me, let it be known right here in front of the whole world that I intended to send you a Christmas card as well. I still love each and every one of you!

(So much so, that I really wanted my husband to actually sign the cards rather than obviously printing both our names in the closing which would announce to everyone that John neither saw the cards nor knew who was getting a Christmas card this year. Which, at this point, he doesn't.)

Assuming my husband will be returning to town soon (as in, before Christmas), I still have every intention of mailing out Christmas cards.

Although, apparently good intentions mean only slightly more than nothing around here.

And I come by it honestly, seeing as my mom enjoys sending out the New Year/January "Christmas" cards/letters. Right about now that seems like a fantastic idea!

I truly hope each of you are enjoying the season, celebrating the joy of having a Savior, and focusing on the reason for Christmas. And thank you for all the holiday greetings!

1 comment:

e said...

i'm way behind too!! yours is coming, i promise! reallly hope you don't have to send your husband one! love the post though!