Monday, November 30, 2009

Soul Food

Thanksgiving was good medicine for me. Well, except for all the overeating, sugar, and lack of physical activity.

We spent five days with my family. And that happens to be a good thing! It seems like we haven't all been together in forever, so all the laughing, shopping, eating, game-playing, football-watching, cooking, and conversation made for a sweet time. (So did the apple pie that Mom always makes just for me when we visit for the holidays because it is my FAVORITE! How does she make it so delicious?!?)

My sister refuses to allow pictures of her sweet little boy on the internet (which I respect), or else I would plaster his cute face all over this post! He is the cutest, happiest, funniest little two-year-old out there. He LOVES music. I think I sang the Turkey song and "Pop Goes the Weasel" about 87 times each over the four days we were together. One night at dinner we all got to hear him "say" what might be considered his first attempts at mimicking our words - "good job". He hears that phrase a lot. (Although, to be fair, he already says "da" for Dad and "ba" for bath.)

Over the holiday, I learned that my mom beats everybody when it comes to Trivial Pursuit (the Christmas Edition), and my dad is the hands-down master of Rack-O. Those giant cardboard building blocks are fun for all ages. Nobody knows why Bouncy Bee is described as "bouncy" when he's really "buzzy" and "roly". (Of course, "roly" is a word!) Baylor cannot win a football game, and homegrown tomatoes are the best.

I am so thankful for the blessing of my family, my Hope and my faith! I hope your Thanksgiving was just as wonderful!

No comments: