Friday, May 23, 2008

Literary Entertainment

I love a good book.

John loves to listen to good books. (Because I'm not sure he's actually read a book in its entirety in his whole life...somehow he graduated from school with a master's degree having read very little yet he is still a fount of information on all kinds of subjects. Go figure.)

We are getting ready to drive to Houston today to spend the weekend with my parents. On longer drives, we like to download a book to listen to in the car.

(By the way - another commercial! - the Creative Zen is excellent for listening to books, even multiple books, and having an easy bookmark system.)

For my own sanity and in order to maintain my attention in the car, the book needs to be fiction. Other than that, I read all types of books (excepting the cheap paperback romance novels): adventure, mystery, thriller, drama, classic, science fiction, comedy... I found a couple suitable options this morning, but was wondering if any of you blog lurkers out there can recommend a good book. Do you have a favorite? Something entertaining enough to keep me awake and interested on a long drive?

Feel free to comment and let me know. We have several long road trips this summer, so I desperately need suggestions.

Gracias!

And Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

kbam said...

Zippy and She Got Up Off the Couch by Haven Kimmel.
They should be read in order; however, I read the last one first. It had a better title, and delayed gratification is not one of my strong suits.