Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Update on the Dryer

I must let everyone know that while I am here indulging my need to write a blog, my mother, who is visiting me this week, is in my kitchen chopping up food for our dinner.

But, after all, she is my mom. And she might be a little bit bored. And I did really cook for everyone over the weekend. And it's been raining like we're about to have a second Noah's flood all day, so...really...what else is there to do?

OK. I'm not making myself feel any less guilty, so this blog will be short.

It's the least I can do. To be a good hostess, you know.

The dryer technician man came on Friday night to fix our dryer that would run forever with no heat.

It turns out it was a good thing a fuse broke and terminated the heating of the dryer. Apparently the accordion hose running from the machine to the outside of the house was clogged to capacity with lint. Also, our dryer was heating up to approximately the same temperature as the surface of the sun. If this had continued unchecked, the dryer technician man assures us the entire unit would have burst into flames, igniting our entire home.

And that, my friends, would have just MADE my horrible, terrible, awful Thursday last week.

I cringe to think I actually did call John last Thursday, after numerous interruptions I had made in his day to update him on the crises, and jokingly stated the house was aflame. Just because it seemed that might be the next terrible event that might occur.

Turns out that might really have come true if the fuse on the dryer hadn't given out and saved us from further disaster.

The dryer technician fixed everything, and my handy husband and father installed a new-fangled, non-accordion vent hose that supposedly won't get stopped up with lint.

I think it's safe to do laundry now.

But, right this minute I must go help my mom cook dinner.

No comments: