Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I meant today.

A conversation that took place a little after 7 a.m. one morning as I’m feeding Grace (important note: last week our house got struck by lightning which messed up and otherwise fried all manner of electrical and battery-operated items in our home):

John: I called the electrician and they’re coming out today.

Me: So, I need to get dressed.

John: Oh, no, they’re booked and are working us into their schedule, so they won’t be here this morning. They probably won’t be here until this afternoon.

Me: So……I need to get dressed.


(I try very hard to be dressed by the time John gets home from work in the evening. I think there has only been maybe one day when this wasn’t accomplished. In all fairness, he really has no idea that many days when he comes home and sees me dressed, I only just got dressed at 5 p.m. )

No comments: