Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"The Snow Factory Shut Down"

I believe those were the words used just a couple hours ago by a local meteorologist while giving an explanation of the obvious lack of snow after yesterday's prediction of 2-4 inches.


That clears everything up.

It also makes clear the fact that meteorology is an inexact science if ever there was one. In fact, should we even be using the word "science" in the definition of meteorology at all?

I'm staying put inside my house today anyway. The roads are icy (although I'm guessing with some moments of sunshine even that will be completely melted by late this afternoon), and it is just frigid outside.

With the confidence that I'll be headed back to work tomorrow, I'm handling this "winter storm" day with less stress and more productivity than the four-day-long episode last week.

As long as you count baking cookies and watching movies as "productive".

No comments: