Saturday, March 07, 2009

Ups and Downs

There are probably several of you (and by that I mean probably one of you) who would like a quick update on the fertility front.

First of all, we are grateful we have so many people who love us and are praying for us through this process. I just don't know how I would be responding to or dealing with stuff if I didn't have hope in God - that He is in control and really has the best plan for us.

The first IUI treatment was unsuccessful. Even though it didn't work, all the support and encouragement we receive is so important to us. Thank you! We will continue trying for a while longer, so please continue to pray for us. I trust that God will guide us in how far to walk on this road.

Lucky me - I was in a small percentage of women who undergo injections for ovulation that suffer some quite uncomfortable side-effects. While this condition does not affect pregnancy one way or the other, it is a bit painful and frustrating. Because I'm still having some effects, we are taking some time off for recovery before the next IUI.

It's both discouraging and a relief. Disappointing and a nice break from the medications and doctor visits.

Ups and downs is what it boils down to. I'll post another update when there's something to update.

In the meantime, I do hope you enjoy your weekend. I'm off to do some really exciting things like mop the floor, return some library books, and see my husband for about the third time this week.

(Actually, that last to-do item IS pretty exciting! Thankfully his constant travel is coming to a close in the next couple weeks.)

1 comment:

e said...

Thanks for the update EH. I'm praying!