Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our Blustery Day

The weather in the last 48 hours has left me wondering, "What season is it?"

Punxsutawney Phil announced on Groundhog Day that there would be six more weeks of winter. I added it up. Basically that just means that spring would start when all the calendars say the first day of spring is: March 20, 2009.

That was a week ago. And while a week ago it was getting mighty close to summertime temperatures here, this week brought plain old spring showers and moderate temperatures.

Until yesterday, when the wind started blowing like we're in Oklahoma and the temperatures dipped down into the 30's. I do believe at this very moment there is a wind chill of 44 degrees (Fahrenheit). Basically, it is an awful lot like winter here today.

My closet right now is portraying the chaos that is end of winter/early spring in Texas: T-shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts, Capri pants, flip-flops, boots, and scarves jumbled together. Because who knows what I'll need to wear tomorrow, or next Wednesday.

(And come to think of it, if I take a cue from the fashion portrayed all season long on the last series of The Bachelor, I guess I can wear a tank top, boots, and a scarf all at the same time without a qualm.)

It is, thankfully, a perfect day to stay inside. I admit I'd rather be snuggled up on the sofa with some coffee and a good book than doing what I am actually doing today - housecleaning. However, the housecleaning has given me a chance to listen to music, something I need to do more often.

Emotionally, it's been a tough week. There's no rhyme or reason as to when my moods go up and down anymore. The lyrics of Ginny Owens' song, "If You Want Me To" pretty much describe my own thoughts and feelings going through this infertility journey.

So, I'll end this post with the lyrics that I've been listening to today (although it's so much better to hear it for yourself...but that would require purchasing the mp3).

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus:
No, I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering that Your love put You through
And I will walk through the darkness
If You want me to

Cuz when I cross over Jordan
I'm gonna sing, gonna shout,
Gonna look into Your eyes and see You never let me down
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to You
And I will walk though the valley
If You want me to

Yes, I will walk through the valley
If You want me to

1 comment:

your favorite oxymoron said...

that is my all time favorite song... i can't say i know how you are feeling but i do know about the "broken pathway". i will continue to pray for the two of you.

God bless you!
LC