Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter Weather Occurence

It's not officially winter yet, but after a balmy 75-degree day on Sunday, the last two days have felt decidedly more like Christmas.

We've enjoyed (or should I say I've enjoyed, because I know quite a few Southerners down here who could do without the cold weather, thank you very much) temperatures in the 20's and even a some snow flurries yesterday and today.

On my way to the dentist this morning, I was oh so thankful that I was not having to ride my bike to the appointment, as I was sure to have done in Amsterdam on days like today. How did I ever drag myself out onto my bike in the cold, wet, windy, wintery weather? I guess if you need food at the grocery store bad enough...

Watching the snow flurries with the Christmas tree lit made me want to curl up in front of the window with a blanket, a book, and something hot to drink.

So instead I scurried around in the cold weather running errands and finding last minute Christmas presents. I followed that up with a nice long call to our cell phone (now also our home phone) service provider to try to get home phone service working again.

Ah well.

And in case you're wondering - no matter how much the weather put me in the Christmas spirit, it was obviously still not enough to get me to wrap the Christmas gifts.

Maybe tomorrow....when it's 70 degrees again.

No comments: