Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome to my trains of thought.

Bananas always seem like a good idea at the store, but then it all seems like a waste of money later in the week as they're languishing in the fruit bowl on the counter. All the bananas reach the perfect stage of ripeness at the same time and then begin to get too ripe the next day. Who's going to eat a whole bunch of bananas in one day?

I bought some Magnum bars yesterday at Target because they remind me of Amsterdam. This makes me think of Albert Heijn brand kaneel roomijs (cinnamon ice cream); now that really reminds me of the Netherlands!

Grace basically sat all by herself in her baby bathtub last night during bathtime. This morning she was extremely interested in herself in the mirror for the first time. She kept putting her head right up to the mirror and smiling.

Now that we're composting as well as recycling pretty much everything, we really hardly have any regular trash.

I was proud of our low trash content until I began thinking about all the water we use doing laundry. What with the cloth diapers and spit-up all over everything forcing multiple changes of clothing in one day (not to mention the mountainous piles of burp cloths we go through), we do at least two or three loads of laundry a day it seems.

We may spend a fortune on water, but we bought enough laundry detergent on Amazon to last us the next two years, and buying in bulk is really pretty cheap. I recommend Charlie's Soap Powder if you want a hypoallergenic, natural laundry soap. We bought it to use for cloth diapers and now use it for all our laundry. (This is not a paid advertisement. Charlie's Soap doesn't even know who I am.)

I wonder if I have time to whip up a batch of cinnamon roll dough while Grace is sleeping? (Yes, sleeping! Yesterday she took two long naps with relatively little crying involved and has now been sleeping for almost an hour.)

I'd better go do that right now!

No comments: