Friday, June 03, 2011

Emily's House

John is back into the full swing of things at work now that the holiday weekend is over. He assures me there is more to write about the trip to Uganda, so stay tuned for more stories of his time there.

In the meantime, please consider following the group of Compassion bloggers that are in the Philippines right now. There's a handy sidebar link over there on the right.

I have followed other Compassion blogger trips before. However, Kat's post yesterday, and especially the video she posted of her trip to Emily's house, touched me in a different way. I completely agree with a comment Kat's fellow trip blogger, Emily, made. I've seen poverty. I've been in slums and one-room, dirt-floor shacks that house six people. You'd think it couldn't get any worse than that. As Emily says, "Turns out, it kind of can. If you add water."



We already sponsor two Compassion children in Uganda. I think I really want to sponsor a child in the Philippines now, too.

Maybe you could sponsor one as well.

No comments: