Saturday, September 18, 2010

Post Op. Report

I will not attempt to construct a post today further chronicling our adventures in Hawaii. I had some surgery yesterday and am still feeling the effects of anesthesia. My head is a little bit foggy, and my memory still doesn't seem quite up to par.

Yesterday was, hopefully, the last surgical procedure we'll have to do in this infertility, post-miscarriage saga. OK. At least the last one for a good, long while, I hope. It was a quick scope of my uterus and some clipping of scar tissue there that might have increased my chance of miscarriage in future. (Although miscarriage is such a mystery that there are still lots of unknowns.) Anyway, I feel we've now done all the testing and procedures that need to be done after my miscarriage in May.

Whew.

And not that you care to know, but the worst part of this whole surgery was vomiting in the O.R. when the anesthesiologist put antibiotics in my IV before he gave me the anti-nausea medicine. In hindsight those two should have been reversed, but who knew?

Also, strangely, the hydrocodone given me right before I left the surgery center did nothing to relieve my cramping pain. Good thing my doctor suggested I just take some ibuprofen - it worked wonders.

I will stop rambling because I'm really afraid I am not making any sense just now.

I might need a nap.

Back to Hawaii and more adventuresome subjects in the near future!

No comments: