Saturday, August 28, 2010

Perspective

I decided what to plant in the garden for the fall. I'm pretty sure that had the temperatures remained in the 100s (upper 30s C) this week, there would be no fall garden. However, morning temps in the 70s are too good to pass up. Yesterday I planted broccoli and butternut squash seeds...even though Texas A&M says it's too late to plant them now. We'll see what happens.

Now I have to con my neighbor into watering them while we're in.....HAWAII!!! Woo-hoo!!! Can't wait!!! I've never been, we're going on airline miles and hotel points, and we're visiting the Big Island and Maui!

This long vacation comes at the culmination of three really hard years. Come to think of it, almost ever since we moved back to the US life has been trying. We are so looking forward to being away, someplace beautiful, not worried about work, infertility, miscarriage, surgeries, hospitals, or triple-digit heat.

But I know what really needs to happen is connection with my husband and a breakthrough with God. Because after the vacation's over, we come back to real life. And work, infertility, miscarriage, surgeries and hospitals will again be part of our lives. (Hopefully NOT the triple-digit heat.) I need some new energy and some peace, joy, and a better perspective to deal with all of that. Only my God can do it.

Some things in the news recently have made me feel a little better about my position in life right now. Can you believe there's a traffic jam in China that is lasting over a month?!? CRAZY!!!

And I am also thankful I am not trapped in a mine...maybe until Christmas.

Perspective. Sometimes I need a little. It doesn't take away the pain of losing a child or the stress I feel in my own situations, but it does make me grateful for what I do have.

I will attempt to offer updates of Hawaii, but I will not promise anything yet. I'm not sure how our schedule and internet availability will pan out.

Aloha!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Have a great time. You all deserve it!

Ginger said...

If you get this while you are there...check out a Peter Lik gallery if you can; his photos are amazing. Hope it's everything you've imagined and better.