Saturday, March 13, 2010

Some Unsolicited Advice

DisRadio is either a bad thing or genius. It's another perfect Disney World weather day, and I can listen to Disney music online. Either it takes the edge off the longing for a vacation in Orlando, or it makes me sad that I can't just go there. I can't decide.

Barlean's Fish Oil pills are 20% off at Sprouts - that's the huge bottle. I've decided you actually need the giant bottle if you're really going to take the recommended amount of fish oil in a day: at least 2 pills per day. And if my husband and I both take them, that's a minimum of 4 per day. (Although, I kind of have my doubts that either of us take two-a-day on a regular basis.)

There's a particular guy at an intersection near our house that stands out with a gas can telling people he's run out of gas in an effort to make some easy cash. How do I know he doesn't really need gas? Besides intuition? Well, I've seen him out there with the yellow gas can about ten times: tall, crew cut, aviator sunglasses, cell phone clipped to his belt, and he has nicer shoes than I do.

So, today he made the mistake of wasting his precious "red light time" knocking on my window to say he ran out of gas. I rolled down the window, smiling, and said, "You sure run out of gas a lot", to which he laughed a little and replied, "You're not supposed to know that."

The light turned green just then, so I didn't get to tell him I see him so often I feel he's a neighbor...and ask where he gets his shoes.

I'm pretty sure when I was pulling up, he was conning the people three cars in front of me out of some cash. Can I just say: People, you aren't winning any points in this life or the next by giving the panhandlers cash. OK. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

And now it might be time to give the cars a bath. (We make it a habit to not pay money for car washes, so with sunny, warm weather the time has come.) Now that I think of it, I should've asked the guy with the yellow gas can if he really wanted to work for some money to come wash the car for me. (Although, the fact that he wasn't even pretending to want to "work for food (or money, or anything)" might be a clue that he would not be interested. That and the fancy shoes.) It might have been worth the money if he actually said yes, and I could enjoy the day by laying in the sun reading rather than getting dirty and an arm workout washing the car.

No comments: