Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Good Old Days

There is a little-known movie that is my ultimate favorite summertime film. It is this film that puts me in the mood to take a road trip during the summer months. It just plain makes me laugh and think of simpler times. It is Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss.

And I would recommend it to each and every one of you except for one little fact.

It seems there may have only been five of us on the planet who knew the joys this movie brings, because long ago (apparently even before the advent of the DVD) they stopped producing copies of the movie.

So, you can sure watch it...on VHS...if you have $40 lying around to spend on a VHS tape...and if you still have a VCR...or a way to convert the VHS to a DVD.

Oh, and the $40 price tag? That's for a used VHS tape.

The new copy on Amazon is going for a cool $150.

And now you all know I still own some VHS tapes...and a VCR...and I actually use them.

I am feeling older by the minute.

Next thing you know I'll be telling you they just don't make films like they used to and how back in my day you could buy a car for what they're charging for used VHS tapes nowadays.

And then I might as well inform you of all my bodily ailments. (Actually, I do have a weird pain in my left elbow.) But it's 10:30 now and this body needs to get to bed, so I'll spare you the details.

No comments: