Monday, May 04, 2009

Possibly the most boring post....ever.

I have made it through the surgery and am recuperating very well, thank you.

Now that I am no longer taking the prescription pain meds, I feel I have a good chance of writing a coherent post for the blog now. Not that there's anything much to say since I have spent the last two days in a prescription pain medication haze.

This morning I went to the doctor to be rid of the stupid catheter and bag that's been attached to my leg since Friday. I have to say, the absence of the catheter makes me feel about 78% better already!

Although I have been sleeping quite a bit, I have also managed to browse through a magazine, read a fiction book, catch up on "Hell's Kitchen" episodes (maybe not such a good idea while still yearning for real food on Saturday and feeling a bit nauseous from the anesthesia), view last week's episode of "24", and watch two movies.

Wow. How much I have accomplished in the past two days!

Honestly, I don't feel too bad about all the inactivity since, before today, it was pretty much stormy and raining cats and dogs since straight after my surgery on Friday. Plus, you know, I just had surgery.

So, I'm now trying to figure out what other movies I've been wanting to see, but haven't seen, since my doctor prescribed a week off of work. Any ideas? What's your favorite movie?

Whew. I'm worn out. In case anything entertaining happens around here in the next few days, I'll be sure to update. Otherwise, you can be assured I am either napping, reading, or watching a movie.

And I'm well underway to a great recovery. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

e said...

So glad everything went smoothly. I'm praying your recovery is quick and easy and that you continue to allow yourself to enjoy your down time!