Monday, May 18, 2009

It's an agricultural wonder.

Looky, looky! (Some of) My vegetables are starting to come in! Despite the flood-like conditions we've been experiencing the past couple weeks!

Tomatoes:



Those are the cherry type of tomatoes. My other regular tomato plants, while looking healthy and growing, are not producing any blossoms. Thus, no tomatoes. I may have mentioned once or twice that I'm not a genius in the garden, so I have no guesses as to why this is happening. I also have not done very extensive research on the subject.

So, if you happen to be an expert horticulturalist who just happens to reading my blog today, I would truly appreciate it if you could just put an answer to this quandary in the comments of this post. Thank you ever so much.

(Because I am sure musings on, you know, the Texas State Fair, government subsidized television, and travel toothpaste have caught your attention and drawn you into this blog.)

Yellow Squash:



Out of the four I planted, this is the only promising yellow squash plant. I knew all along I should plant more than necessary because that would, perhaps, ensure one survival.

Zucchini:



Pretty exciting, huh?!?

I'll leave this entry at that. I could bore you with the saga about how roly-poly/pillbugs are swarming my garden and threatening the safety of my squash plants (the ones that are still alive) or how my bell pepper plants are not getting any bigger, but I won't.

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion, er, continuation (because you can count on me talking about the garden much more than one more time this summer) of the organic garden project. Next up: the first harvest!

Bet ya can't wait. Do have a lovely evening.

No comments: