Thursday, April 30, 2009

An Empty Stomach

In case I'm away for the next week or something, it's because I'm about to have some surgery tomorrow morning. A laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to be specific and technical.

Or, you know, in regular words: a surgery for my doctor to burn off all the endometriosis and get rid of some tissue in my uterus that's making it the wrong shape.

So I will be getting anesthesia out of my system and/or on pain medication this weekend. That's either like losing three days of your life or getting the best and deepest kind of sleep you've ever had.

I'll go with the restful sleep scenario.

Anywho, I had to stop eating this morning at 10:30. And just to be clear, that's 24 hours before the actual surgery. While I figure that after they stick that IV in and get the anesthesia in my system I won't much care that my stomach is empty, right now? Right this minute? I feel I am starving.

But then I read this. You might say it made me realize that going without food for a day is nothing.

There are people all over who are going for days (that's plural) with nothing to eat. You can help.

No comments: