Thursday, February 23, 2012

Victory

By yesterday at 1 p.m. my hot water heater woes were solved. John opted to only make a couple calls to determine who could install a new water heater cheaper than the company the home warranty people use. He found someone, purchased the hot water heater, and convinced the home warranty company to write us a check for the repair we opted not to do.

While John braved a cold shower yesterday, I opted to hold out for some hot water, so I am now clean, as are all our dishes.

By the end of the afternoon yesterday I felt much had been accomplished. Not only do we now have hot water, but also my OB/GYN agreed to move my c-section (scheduled in case this little girl decides breech is her permanent position of choice) a week later, closer to the 40-week mark. I prefer to allow her to go as full-term as possible, and since I have absolutely no signs of going into labor anytime soon, I feel she's just not quite ready.

I, on the other hand, am getting to the point where I am ready. Especially since I've recently developed some sharp lower back/hip pain when I walk that causes me to hobble around like an old lady. Seriously, I was pretty much bed-ridden by last night. I think I might need a cane. The other symptoms I have (swollen feet, numb fingers) are manageable, just a bit annoying.

Honestly, I'd rather allow our child to come in her timing, healthy and happy, than be done with the discomfort before it's time.

John lamented last night that this pregnancy is lasting forever. I'm not sure if he said that in great anticipation of meeting our daughter or because he's so tired of all my pregnancy ailments. I'll just pretend it's the former.

After yesterday's victories, I'm prepared to not really accomplish anything today except holding this baby so she can finish her prenatal growth.

1 comment:

e said...

So glad that little girl has such a good mama.