Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Photos and Free Chicken

OK. I can't really deliver on the photos. Since I'm only updating this blog ever month or so, I figured I could stick with the gardening theme and show you the progress my watermelons have made over the past three weeks.

But our camera is broken. You see, John took a four-day trip to Hong Kong a couple weeks ago.

Yes, you read that right: a four-day trip to Hong Kong equals two days on an airplane and two days on the ground in Hong Kong. Even so, my husband who can apparently live on just hours of sleep a day, not only spent multiple hours in meetings, but attended work dinners, a club in Hong Kong where the band delivered pretty great renditions of Kenny (Rogers) and Dolly (Parton) songs, and somehow squeezed in Day One of sightseeing from the Frommer's Hong Kong travel guide. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Unfortunately, the camera got crammed in an already full-to-the-brim piece of checked luggage and came home with a broken lens and screen.

Fortunately, and this will surprise no one, John got his credit card (I know, right? A credit card?) to cover the cost of at least fixing the camera, though we'll probably just use the money toward buying a new one. We haven't actually received the money yet, so we are still sans camera at this point.

And that's the long story about why I can't show you pictures of the much-improved watermelons.

And if you want to the story to be even longer, which you most likely don't, but I'm going to tell you anyway, we have already received payment from the credit card company for the MP3 player John left on the airplane, an event that was completely his fault. The settlement was more than we paid for the original MP3 player and more than we bought a new one for on ebay. Again, probably not a surprise to anyone.

In reality, I could take the time to figure out how to download pictures from my sub par phone onto the computer, but I'm not going to.

Even though I can't deliver on my originally intended purpose for this post, my sister-in-law has given me some information that might make someone's day. Friday is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. You can score some free Chick-fil-A food if you dress (fully, or even partially) like a cow. They've made it easy by providing a cow costume kit you can print out at home.

I hope you enjoy some Chick-fil-A on Friday!

No comments: