Friday, March 04, 2011

The Greatness of Family

I am so blessed to still have a grandma. One who gets around well, is still very much herself, and can fly to visit my parents, which then makes it possible for the three of them to drive to come visit us!



We had fun enjoying some beautiful weather, eating, watching movies and musicals, eating, talking, and eating! I'm looking forward to seeing the three of them again in July.

I'm also looking forward to seeing another part of my family in about a week. My sister and nephew are going to come visit us for some of D's spring break! It's been too long! Since Christmas. Now that D's in school, it's harder for them to make the trip up here, and my work schedule has been kind of a nuisance lately when it comes to having free weekends to go see them.

Thank goodness for Skype! Best invention ever!

Over on the Pioneer Woman photography blog, there's a project currently going on with photo submissions under the theme "Sisters". It makes me miss my sister! I'm so glad I get to see her again soon.

And I also feel sorry for women who don't have sisters. (I know, I know. There are some women even with sisters who don't have the bond, so maybe I feel sorry for them, too.) There's just something unique and special about the bond between sisters that I can't adequately describe.

Hopefully the weather on one or more of the days of their visit will be sunny and spring-like. It's that strange time of year here when it's cloudy and rainy one hour and sunny the next. Or in the 30s one night, but in the 70s the following day. It's confusing, and my closet is a jumbled mess of T-shirts, skirts, sweaters, boots and flip-flops because I apparently need to be prepared for every possibility on a given day.

Don't get me wrong. I think I may prefer this crazy back-and-forth as opposed to constant 105-degree humidity. It's just a little more difficult to choose (or find) the appropriate attire in my closet.

(P.S. I made my dad look in the cabinet above the microwave when he arrived last week. I'm relieved to tell you there is no sign of any type of critter actually ever being in that cabinet. On the down side, I might be going crazy since I definitely heard clear, loud noises emanating from that space in the kitchen. Thank you and good day!)

No comments: