Monday, January 24, 2011

A Quick Run Down of Life Around Here

I feel the need to let everyone know I'm alive. That's a good thing for me to be reminded of as well.

Even though I feel as if I could sleep for a couple days, I am, indeed, alive.

I honestly sometimes don't know how my friends who work and have kids, or who just have multiple kids, even do it! It's busy season for the accountant in our household, and that means I need to be around for any and all repair people/exterminators/other service people who make appointments to come "between 10 and 4". It also means I need to make sure there's food for me to eat here and run all of our errands. Oh, and have clean clothes to wear.

(One of the awful things about cold weather is the amount of dirty clothes that pile up at an astonishing rate due to all the layers required each day. Surely I'm not the only one who notices this?)

And perhaps most sad of all: I will again have to start taking the trash out on garbage day. Anyone who has read this blog for a while should know that trash is the one household chore I hate, and thus I gratefully hand that over to John when he's in town.

Unfortunately, I've also been required to go into work more the last couple weeks.

And on top of the extra hours, my work has been especially packed with crazy this month. I am beginning to feel a bit emotionally and intellectually exhausted.

I want to go to Hawaii.

And we may really be able to do that again after my husband sells the free cell phones he ordered up yesterday based on upgrades he was eligible for. And then earns even more hotel and airline rewards with all his travel the next couple months.

Until a trip becomes reality, I shall dream of sunshine, snorkeling, soft sand, and tropical drinks in a land where I have no trash to take out and no craziness awaiting me when I wake up in the morning.

Aloha!

1 comment:

Kali said...

i want to go too! we were watching wheel of fortune last night (yes, that probably makes us old and boring) and a girl won a trip to hawaii and i told lance we should take a trip there soon! :-)