Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Choosing My Own Adventure

I'm not sure how many, if any, of you reading this blog are on the infertility journey. I realize this is not a blog about that topic, per se. Just thought I'd throw an immensely helpful website out there in case anyone's interested. Creating a Family is a great place to start on research and obtain resources on both infertility and adoption. I especially enjoy their weekly podcasts (found under "Radio Show" on their site).

I have to give the credit for finding this site to John. He's great at researching and finding helpful stuff like Creating a Family when I'm too worn out and tired of the topic to work very hard at researching.

We make a great team!

(He does the work and I don't have to.)

(Just kidding!)

(I think.)

Another example of John doing the work while I supervise is his last-minute project last night after a long day of work. On the way home he called me and said, "Choose Your Own Adventure: a free movie from Red Box, a programmable thermostat, or other."

Turns out there wasn't really an "other" and I was too tired and busy cooking dinner to think up a third option.

I went with a programmable thermostat, which was bought and installed before we went to bed last night. (Thank you, Aunt Ruth, for our gift card, with which the thermostat was purchased in full!)

Although, after I hung up with my awesome husband I realized I was cooking dinner while subjecting myself to the seven-hour-long season's first episode of "The Bachelor" that I vowed I would never waste my time with again. I had just, in a matter of five minutes, heard about one female contestant who's obsessed with vampires and another who lost her race car-driving first love in a fatal plane crash right before discovering she was pregnant with his child.

Perhaps I should have opted for the free DVD from Red Box! So goes the inevitable ruefulness of Choose Your Own Adventure.

I'd like to think my thermostat choice is providing me with a lasting outcome unequal to an evening of movie-viewing: a warm house when I get out of bed in the morning.

Although, I may also be plagued with the permanent after-effects of last night's "The Bachelor" - mainly a cringing disgust and awe at entertainment in America in the form of "reality" television...and I probably only really saw twenty minutes of it.

No amount of cozy warmth will make me forget that nonsense!

No comments: