Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's not Washington DC...


I realize that, compared to New York, Washington DC, and New Jersey, this is nothing. But for Texas, it is an unusual surprise when the weathermen predict snow and we do actually get some!


That's a picture of our newspaper this morning. I'm not one to run out and play in the snow usually. Mostly because I like to sit in the warm house and look out at the untainted, perfect blanket of white covering the expanse of our yard. Freshly fallen snow is just beautiful!

So, I took a picture of the paper from the front porch because I was seriously considering not scampering out there to pick it up. It's freezing! (Since J travels so much, on a regular basis I think what a waste it is to subscribe to this newspaper. Honestly, even when it's not snowing I'm too tired in the morning or too busy getting ready to get to work on time to stop and get the paper, much less read it. Usually, I end up picking it up when I get home at night and dumping it straight in the recycling bin without glancing at it. Because by the end of the day I've already heard all the news via internet and radio.)

But then after I took the picture I decided to go ahead and run out there. The weathermen are now saying later this afternoon and evening it might be icy, so I figured it's safer to go get the paper now than it will be tonight. I now what you're thinking. "Enough! Enough with the newspaper!" I just can't stop the rambling.

Oh, and here's my garden, by the way.


Surely there's no way the broccoli's going to make it after this! Ah well. The pretty snow is worth it!

No comments: