Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Procrastination Must End

BooMamaBeforeAfter


Sophie, aka Boo Mama, has bravely made a list of house projects she wishes to tackle with the promise that she will complete said list by July 25. She is asking for some mutual accountability, so I am nervously adding my list out here for all the world to see. (We'll see if internet accountability is worth anything when it comes to house projects.)

I'm mostly nervous because, well, July 25 is only five weeks and two days away. Plus, we're going out of town on July 19, which, unfairly I might add, gives me only four weeks and two days to complete these projects.

And, to prove that the procrastination is very real in my life, I am getting this list of goals off of a piece of paper that has already been sitting next to the phone in my kitchen underneath approximately five other lists of various and sundry things for the past three months.

OK. Here are my goals:

1.) Repaint the garage shelf above the washer/dryer
2.) Clean the oven
3.) Clean the fridge
4.) Repaint the wood trim on the porches (This one really may not come to pass seeing as it requires me to be outside, I live in Texas, and it is about 100 degrees out on a regular basis now. We may have to postpone this one until the fall.)

My list is obviously not as ambitious as Sophie's, but we spent most of last year remodeling major portions of the house, so I admit I may be a little burned out and low on funds.

Feel free to join in by heading over to Sophie's blog.

No comments: