Friday, August 19, 2005

The Last Haircut

This morning at 9:30, shortly after the movers arrived at the house, I (John) left Kris (Erin’s mom) and Erin and the house, and Dave (Erin’s dad) drove me to On Broadway where Fran Cebell has been cutting my hair for the past 26 years (yes, that’s pretty much my entire life, with the exception of my very first haircut by Uncle Don and those four years when I was living in Waco). It was a momentous occasion. We talked about our upcoming move, the family, life in Garland, and her recent Caribbean cruise. And before I knew it, my hair was shorter and we were saying our goodbyes. I didn’t want to leave, but Fran gave me the comforting reassurance that four weeks from now, when I am again in need of a haircut, she will gladly email the instructions for cutting my hair to my new hairdresser. I guess I won’t have to grow my hair out after all.

1 comment:

AZ said...

Hi John and Erin! This is Abby from EY (going to Amsterdam in September). Talking about last haircut, I've cut mine this past weekend (heard that it cost EUR70 for a guy's haircut...got scared with the cost of living there vs. allowances EY gives)